Friday, October 9, 2009

doing a good deed

I am taking Dr. Worley's Education 2120 class on diversity. Each class member was required to go to a location where their culture is different from ours. I had the opportunity to attend Trinity United Methodist Church yesterday and I had a wonderful time. I thought we was going to attend a church event but instead we fed the needy. It really touched my heart because there were so many people waiting in line to get a hot meal. I feel blessed with the little things that I do have because I know it could be a lot worse. The people were so friendly and they insisted that I come back next Thursday. I think I will complete all of my field hours at the church because I did a good deed yesterday and it felt good to do something positive for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment